Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Second chances

It's not very often that you get a second chance at life.I've always been a dreamer ever since I can remember, my mind would wander and I would think about the life I wanted and how I wished things we so different. I always wanted more out of life but at the same time I went through it thinking there was nothing I could do to change it or make it what it was in my mind supposed to be. This past Sunday marked 6 months since I decided to have bariatric surgery to help save my life. On Saturday my husband showed me a picture in his phone that he had taken a long time ago and I was and still am shocked at the person I saw in that picture. That picture was of me probably taken early this year or late last year. As I looked at the picture I couldn't help but remember what I was living just 6 short months ago. I can't help but feel extremely grateful that I was given a second chance at life, I made the choice to change my life and make it what I've always dreamed it could be. My husband asked me if I'd do it again even with the complications I've had and without hesitation I said YES! To think that my husband would have been burying his wife long before he should breaks my heart. My husband, my family and those that I love deserve a healthy, happy, ALIVE me! There's no doubt that this has changed every aspect of my life, every fiber of my being! I look at things so differently and I sit back and really start to see what's important in life. The challenges that I've faced in the last 6 months pale in comparison to the challenges I faced before and would more than likely continue to face had I not made the choice to have surgery. If my journey can help someone else realize that changing your life is possible and that they are worth having the best life has to offer than I'd do it a million times. Seeing how others are inspired by the journey of those who have been where they are at makes this journey so fulfilling. Cleaning out my closets I found a pair of pants I wore pre op and was floored when I saw how much my body has changed. It's things like this and the picture my husband showed me this weekend that makes it very real and reminds me that even though I have a long ways to go, I've already come so far! My husband has made the choice to also embark on the WLS journey. It hasn't been an easy choice for him although a lot of people assumed that because I did, he would. He has given up so much to make sure that I'm taken care of so I'm happy that I get the chance to be his cheerleader as he betters himself and takes back his life not only for him but for the family we have and will have in the future! I'm so proud of him and very excited to see what God has planned for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's amazing!