Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

24, 102, and 14!!

What do these numbers mean? A lot actually! 24 is the number of pounds until I'm no longer in the 300s, 102 is the number of pounds I've lost in the last 5 months, and 14 is the points my BMI has dropped! It's hard to wrap my mind around all of this. I've lost the equivalent of a small horse! How much of a difference that much weight gone has impacted my body and my life. On my wedding day in May of 09 I could barely stand for my ceremony and to think if I did it again today I'd have A LOT less of a problem standing there the whole time. I can't remember a time in my adult life that I didn't weigh over 300 pounds. I'm sure there was a time(probably over 8 years ago) but I NEVER got on a scale. My journey started a LONG time ago but it wasn't until May of 2009 that I really started taking back control over my life and allowing myself to be the person I deserve to be. I began to eliminate toxins from my life and make my health, my marriage, and my faith a priority. The emotional freedom that has happened has been amazing. So many doors have been opened and I no longer feel hopeless, lost, unhappy or undeserving of the amazing life God has planned for me. I spent so much time hiding and afraid that I never let my true potential, my true self worth show. I'm proud to no longer be afraid to take that journey, no longer afraid to succeed because I know that even if I fall I'm strong enough to get back up and keep going after the life I want. I want to celebrate life now which is not something I really wanted to do in recent years. We're all faced with the challenges that are life and sometimes they will kick you in the gut and test every fiber of your being. It's our job to get up and know that we are worth more than our challenges, we deserve more than the garbage that life hurls our way. Don't be afraid to want more out of life because life has SO much better for us than we settle for. I'm beyond excited for what's next. Every day I see more and more of my true self coming back and it reflects on every aspect of my life and my relationships. It goes much further than the number on a scale, it's the realization that I CAN and WILL overcome anything life throws at me and with the grace of God I will be everything in life that I'm meant to be.

No comments: