Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Changes

Life has a way of being completely unexpected and crazy! It's been just over 4 months since I had surgery and it's amazing how much changes in such a short time. A week and a half ago I had my gallbladder taken out, it was quite painful but I'm recovering well and feeling a lot better. I've lost 84 pounds since surgery and that alone is very surreal to me. I'm at a weight I haven't been at in over 4 years. For the first time in over 5 years my blood pressure is NORMAL, I've never seen it this low which makes me AND my Dr. very happy. Since my blood pressure has lowered I'm noticing my headaches aren't as bad as they were. I deal with Chronic pain and get really bad headaches often and They've gotten a lot better as my health has improved. It's encouraging to be able to walk into a store and not have to search for the biggest clothes possible or to have to special order my clothes online. Before surgery my mobility and basic ability to simply care for myself was greatly limited. I can now stand when I take a shower and not feel like my legs are going to give out on me, I'm able to care for myself on a much better, healthier level and am more comfortable doing the simple things that most people don't think about that I've always had to think about and try so much harder to do. We went to the movie theater last week and I climbed to the top of the theater stairs and wasn't winded at all! I've been told that people can see it in my eyes that I'm so much more comfortable and healthy. I don't look like I'm in pain and completely miserable all the time. I've never been good at hiding how I feel so it's nice to know that I'm feeling better and it shows in my face. I have a lower back injury so walking, standing has been really hard for me for a very long time and as I got heavier it got worse. I'm thrilled to be able to stand longer, walk further, move easier than in almost 7 years. I think the biggest change is in my attitude and how I view life now. Instead of just surviving each day I actually look forward to what life has in store. It's changed my relationship with my husband in such a positive way as he's getting back the woman he fell in love with. The woman who is excited about life, happy, outgoing, and fun to be around. He's seen me with drawl from life and go into a shell and change from a social, fun person to someone who was miserable all the time, someone who avoided every social situation possible and who just wasn't happy with life. It makes my heart smile and makes me VERY happy to give my husband what he deserves. It's been a mental, emotional change as well as a physical change and it's great to have hope and to know that the life I've always dreamed about is becoming very much a reality for me. I look in the mirror now and I like the person that I see and I don't look away when I pass a mirror anymore. I know I have a long way to go, but I've come a long way in such a short time and to look at myself and see the transformation is amazing!
This is just the beginning of my journey and I'm so excited for what's next.

1 comment:

Ari said...

Congrats on your surgery! Sounds like you are doing great! Isn't it amazing how you start the notice the little things that add up to some big WOW's!